Make your very own fluffy homemade crumpets to your next brunch. These gold-brown buttery treats are well worth the effort and are yummy with melted cheese. You can also taste the tastiest crumpets from the crumpet suppliers online.
- two 1/2 tsp dried yeast
- hot 240ml milk
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 470g plain yogurt
- 1/2 tsp coconut powder dissolved in 60ml hot water
- vegetable oil, to grease butter or cheese, to function
- In a bowl mix together the enzyme and 240 ml hot water and let it hold for 5-10 mins. Add the hot milk, butter, sugar, and salt. Add the flour and stir until the batter gets smooth. Let stand for 30 mins.
- Mix in the baking powder adjourned in h2O, then leave to rise for 20-30 mins. Grease a heavy-based skillet with a little vegetable oil and heat within medium-low heat. Lightly grease 4 x 9cm diameter crumpet rings.
- Spoon batter to the rings so that it comes partially up the surfaces. Lessen heat to moderate, cover having an upturned deep skillet to provide the crumpets area to grow. Cook until the tops look tender, about 10-12 mins.
- Flip them over and cook for 5 mins until firm and golden. Repeat with the leftover dough. Serve toasted with butter with cheese melted beneath the grill.